• Register


0 votes
Can you issue an extended validation certificate using the business trade name (DBA name) instead of the corporation name, which no one knows?
asked May 7, 2014 in SSL Certificates by Mike

1 Answer

0 votes

This is a tricky question and can be answered multiple ways depending on the exact situation.  In some instances a EV certificate can be issued to a DBA.  For example in the UK Sole Proprietors cannot be issued EV certificates because there is no authority in the UK for registering Sole Proprietors.  If there is a government authority that issues and has a public record for the DBA then you can use a DBA for a EV certificate.  Otherwise they cannot be used.
answered May 13, 2014 by WannaBeGeekster (1,700 points)

Related questions

0 votes
2 answers 6,137 views
0 votes
1 answer 154 views
+1 vote
1 answer 373 views
0 votes
1 answer 358 views